Another partner Confirmed: Umbrella Network
What are the odds that you didn’t catch us rambling about this Hackathon? We just can’t help ourselves. We will give you just the highlights, promise!
- It runs from the 7th to the 31st of January;
- We are looking for the best alpha game anyone can create;
- We go crazy for mobile-first;
- We go bananas for NFT-based economies;
- We don’t demand these things. We love great games most of all;
- The winners get prizes worth over 45.000 USD;
- The winning game goes right on the Exeedme platform next to Call of Duty: Warzone or Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
Now, with this out of the way, let us tell you: this Hackathon somehow just keeps on surpassing our expectations!
If we had a penny for each new amazing partnership in this hackathon… Well, we will not bore you with maths, as we ourselves are losing count.
But now we get to add Umbrella Network!
Why are we excited? We’re so glad you ask, let us tell you all about it.
Umbrella Network is a community-owned Layer 2 oracle network providing secure, low cost, and massively scalable data solutions for blockchain applications. It uses Merkle tree technology to write multiple data points on a single on-chain transaction, making batching data to smart contracts more accurate and cost-effective.
It connects real-world data to the blockchain and allows devs to pull data from theAPI and verify it on-chain with smart contracts.
“ For this hackathon, we’re excited to give game devs a first shot at implementing our newly released Random Number Generator. Random Number Generators are a critical element for a lot of different needs, particularly in blockchain based gaming. As game devs know, randomness supports things like fighting between parties (i.e. damage taken), offering random items in things like lootboxes, for doing things like generating random attributes for NFTs, and much more. Umbrella Network’s uRNG generates random numbers as layer 2 data for faster retrieval, higher throughput, and a smoother user experience. “
Whether it’s data feeds, price feeds, random number generators, or beyond, it’s amazing to see how decentralized oracles can support participants’ visions for their new blockchain games.
What is that we hear? You would like examples? Well, we have examples.
- PlayMining, a global GameFi and NFT entertainment company, is a recent partner of Umbrella Network using price feeds, you can read about them here and view their price feed on the block explorer.
- MetalCore is an in-the-works NFT based combat game Umbrella has close ties to (more on this to be announced in the future). Not only is it a sophisticated combat game from an incredibly talented team, but it also uses blockchain oracle technology in innovative ways
- Lucidity is a blockchain-based ad analytics platform Umbrella recently acquired due to their scale and unique way of utilizing Merkle Trees to batch data to the blockchain: www.golucidity.com
“The future of Web3 and blockchain gaming depends on being able to handle complex game logic and huge amounts of data with real speed, security, and cost-effectiveness on-chain. It’s crucial to operate at the speed of gaming, with a dedication to trust and transparency. We can’t wait to see what the hackathon participants bring to the table.” John Chen, President, Umbrella Network.
Are you ready to embarc with us?