THREE ANNOUNCEMENTS: A Gaming Incubator, a Hackaton, and a Launchpad
Can you imagine keeping all of this under wraps?
Three announcements in one go, just for you, our Exeedme family.
And here’s what ties it all together: let’s speak about Exeedme’s Gaming Incubator.
The Gaming Incubator: Nurturing the future of gaming
We are gamers. We were gamers before Exeedme even existed, and we will be gamers after we retire. That means our job isn’t limited to exploring the games of today (though we do love to do that), but also making sure the ecosystem remains vibrant, creative and forward-thinking.
With that in mind, we are looking to empower the single most creative and visionary group of people we know. People who love and understand gaming. People who are serious about this.
We want to reach out further into our community and co-create awesomeness. We want your ideas to reach players all around the world, in a cross-platform way, integrated with blockchain tech and NFTs. That’s what the Gaming Incubator is. Teams or projects that have alfa versions (or even just really well-thought-out ideas!) of what they believe is a truly great game will be able to submit them to our expert panel of judges, which will evaluate them.
Winners will be incubated at Exeedme. That means having access to our support, expertise, technology and working capital. Even better: their games will be launched on our platform. That means you will be able to monetise them right away, to our ever-growing community.
So how can you apply?
Glad you asked. There are two ways.
The Exeedme Gaming Launchpad: a grant for creators
Does your team already have a project? An alfa or a beta that is already working and just needs some expert incubation?
This is for you.
We want to focus on growing the gaming ecosystem and the metaverse. Beyond issuing tokens, we want to provide game developers a way to explore other innovative ways of raising capital to fund their projects through the sale of virtual items as non-fungible tokens (NFTs), while also reducing their time-to-market and increasing their exposure to new users/gamers to deploy and iterate on their new game.
Our incubation program is supported by an accredited partner network, and will provide projects with end-to-end support to develop sustainable strategies and launch successful campaigns.
If you apply and are successful, here’s what you will immediately have at your disposal:
- Advising and counseling: We will help you navigate the crypto and gaming worlds, connecting your projects with talent and funding opportunities;
- Technology and community leveraging: We will kickstart projects by providing them with both an existing community of gamers and an established technology infrastructure;
- NFTs project roadmap: We will help with leveraging NFTs as in-game items or to create an in-game economy tied to tokens;
- IGO (Initial Game Offering): We will help the launch of your project by getting the entire community onboard.
But what if you don’t have an alfa yet?
Just a plan?
The Exeedme Gaming Hackathon: where you can build your dreams
This is a two-week competition where new teams will be able to develop their alfa version and present it in a video pitch to win the funding grant and earn their place in the Exeedme ecosystem.
But what is it, exactly?
Hackathons are a simple concept: people get together (virtually or face-to-face) to find solutions to a problem collaboratively. This is exactly that for DeFi, Gaming and NFT’s all wrapped together into a game.
The game that captures all of these thing better will be voted on by the community and team, and the developing team will become a part of the fam. They will get direct help from Exeedme, both from the tech and the community points of view. They will be accessing a community of gamers to launch p2p gaming competitions and they will launch their own in-game item NFTs on our platform for monetization.
Oh wow, but how will it work?
For two weeks straight, teams will compete to come up with, design and create a cool concept of a game that will be developed with the help our help. After all the hard work, teams will be able to submit a pitch/demo of their new game to a panel of judges, composed by not only Exeedme members, but also other gaming experts.
Are there awesome prizes?
Besides being able to further develop their idea alongside Exeedme, sharing our infrastructure, resources and know-how, the winning team will also be getting two pretty awesome prizes:
- Prize money of +$25k;
- Guaranteed access to Exeedme’s gaming platform, alongside CS:GO, COD Warzone and DOTA2, as one of our first mobile-first blockchain games.
It doesn’t get much better than that.
When is it happening?
From the 14th to the 28th of January, 2021.
Are you ready?
Are you interested?
Here’s all you need to know:
Guidelines for the Hackathon
There are literally no limits imposed over your imagination.
If you want to greatly increase your chances of taking the big prize home and starting your gaming development journey with us, here are some things that we are definitely on the lookout for:
- Mobile-first games;
- Gaming economy deeply tied to the NFT landscape — the future of gaming will be when NFTs are not only a core part of the mechanics, but can also live outside of their own realm and be transacted as normal commodities on the marketplace;
- Integration for the $XED token — Is it deeply tied to the entire gaming economy that you’ll be developing?
- Other bonus points for using assets, technology, libraries, frameworks and other assets from our sponsors and partners;
We will need these things from you so we can judge your game fairly:
- Repository access to your working application for judging and testing;
- A link to your code and all deployment files and testing instructions needed for testing your project;
- Demo video and demo pitch. Your video should include a demo of your working application.
- Innovation, quality, and uniqueness — It must be new, it must be good, and we can’t have seen it before;
- Likelihood of success — Does your team have the skills to pull it off?
- Economy creation — It must have the potential to create its own economy and jobs within it.
- Web3 tooling — It should ideally tie DeFi/crypto and NFTs all into one pack.
So we’d like to ask you..
Do you know what the future of gaming will be? 🎮
Do you have a brilliant idea for the next big thing?
We want to help you build it. Sign up now to get started on this journey with us here!
Over the next few days, we’ll be announcing more details and our partners that will join us on this journey. Stay tuned for that!