Exeedme is a decentralised tournament platform for gamers powered by NFTs and DeFi, built on Polkadot. Players on Exeedme can earn by challenging their friends to competitive matches with stakes, or by participating in matchmaking tournaments. Tournament organizers can build a name for themselves in the decentralized gaming space by creating the next-generation of exciting online Esports tournaments and leagues. Finally, game developers can incentivize the community for beta testing, and tap into the wisdom of the crowd for critical feedback on new titles.
Exeedme’s vision is to create a trusted and fair Play2Earn blockchain-powered gaming platform. In this post we will discuss the $XED utility token, its use-cases, and the token metrics and distribution.
The $XED Utility Token
Exeedme uses the $XED utility token to incentivize and reward gamers, tournament organizers and game developers for their play and engagement on the platform. The $XED token was designed to ensure that the majority of the rewards generated by the Exeedme platform goes directly back to the people who use it the most. Key use-cases for $XED include game mining, staking for access, and governance:
Game mining: Players on Exeedme can earn $XED tokens by challenging friends for stakes, or by challenging others in matchmaking. Regardless of a win or loss, all players participating in matchmaking will earn $XED for their engagement. Earning more $XED will unlock achievements and special trophies represented by Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) that are tradable within the platform. Different levels of rarity of NFTs and an open marketplace on Exeedme for them will enable a thriving NFT economy on Exeedme to emerge.
Access: For gamers, it’s all about leveling up. $XED tokens act as a de facto proxy for platform experience and engagement. The more $XED token a player stakes, the higher wagering limits he/she can set in matchmaking. Access to the hottest tournaments with the biggest prizes on Exeedme will also require certain levels of $XED for access. For tournament organizers, a large amount of $XED will be required to open a tournament, and to act as collateral for prizes. Finally, for game developers, opening bug bounties, betas for testing and other engagement activities will also require $XED staking.
Governance: $XED stakers will also be able to vote on platform upgrades, events and other initiatives. This mechanism will ensure that the future of Exeedme will always be informed by the community, for the community.
$XED Token Metrics & Distribution Model:
Exeedme’s token sale for $XED will have the following token metrics and distribution:
- Total Circulating Supply: 100,000,000 $XED tokens
- Initial Market Cap: $875,000 USD
- Seed/Private/Pre-Public Sale Fundraising: $900,000 USD
- Initial Liquidity to be made available: $200,000 USD (Uniswap)
$XED Pricing & Distribution:
- 10% Seed: $0.0125 price for our initial strategic investors
- 30% Private and Pre-Public:
- 25% Private: sale price of $0.025 with this round targeted at all strategic investors, community and future-users
- 5% Pre-Public: sale price of $0.03 for early access purchasers
- 20% Liquidity Fund: Initial supply on Uniswap and centralized exchanges to ensure a healthy secondary market
- 20% Ecosystem: Tokens for marketing, growth, partnerships, and exchange listings
- 10% Foundational Reserve: Reserve pool to help protect the future and long term growth of the platform
- 10% Team: to ensure our founders and team members stay aligned with our token-holders and token users
$XED Vesting Schedule:
- Seed: 20% on TGE, then 10% monthly over 8 months
- Private and Pre-Public: 25% on TGE, then 25% monthly over 3 months
- Liquidity Fund: 20% on TGE, 10% per month over 8months
- Ecosystem: 20% on TGE, 10% per month over 8 months
- Foundational Reserve: 1 year fully locked, then 25% quarterly
- Team: 1 year fully locked, then 25% quarterly
We believe in a fair distribution model for all participants in the Exeedme project. In the same way that Exeedme wants to make fair play for the gaming industry on the blockchain, we want to extend that mentality to everything we do. $XED is all about aligning incentives among all stakeholders in the Exeedme ecosystem. With the upcoming launch of our first tournaments in CS:GO, we are extremely excited to see what the future holds.
For more information on our Token Metrics, check out the page on the Exeedme website: https://www.exeedme.com/token